Friday 4 August 2017

My new toy!

I mentioned in a previous post that one of the reason that keeps me away from my sewing room is my new toy.



Well, I'll tell you what I bought.



Hummingbird's Egg. Internet photo.





It's not something you buy very often. Well, at least not in this household.








Even my unshaven darling loves my new toy.













Care to guess?




Ah! No! I didn't get a loom. Good grief, I have enough craft supplies as it is.

I don't want to embark onto another one.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to weave and I still go to the craft club to enjoy an hour or so on the loom. But I didn't get a loom.

AND I promised Mangofeet I wouldn't show any weaved project on this post so ... carry on!



Have you guessed it yet?







My new toy is a new-to-me thing as I can't afford a brand new one. So, did you found what it is?






If you say ...









Oh! I am such a drama Queen! hehehe!







Did you say .....








Keep strolling down ...







This must be my longest post yet, lol.

Oh I'm getting there.




Are you?











 Honk! Honk!





Did you say a car? You are right!! But I have no prize for you, sorry!




Not any kind of car.


It's an electric car. No emission, no noise!  Everything, well most everything is touch screen kind of thing. Only two knobs. It's so cool.

I want to make some seat "mats" or whatever those are called because the seats are such a light grey. While cleaning my sewing room I found two blocks from a few years back.


I made these extra blocks when I did a quilt for MIL and FIL. (Picture of that quilt is higher up in this post.) These blocks were to be pillow shams. Obviously, I never made the shams so how about using these for the seat mats?





I can framed it with the dark blue fabric and it would be big enough. Hmmm! I like that idea.


I have another new toy. It's a brand new one too. No, it's not a kitten (I wish I'd be so lucky!) I can't show you this new toy because I am using it to take the pictures. I have a cellular phone. Yes, me!! A cell!! I didn't want one but my dearest bearded man got me one. Now he's texting me smileys and kissy faces every day. Awhhh! I can't complain about that.


Until next time ...




Zoom, zoom.  :^D




I am linking up with Cynthia from Quilting is More Fun than Housework
and Sarah from Confession of a Fabric Addict for  Can I get a Whoop Whoop?




12 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Nice car Chantal and a cell phone too. I guess I'm the only person in the world without one now.

julieQ said...

Nice car...and a cell! Enjoy those kisses and smiley faces!!!

Fiona said...

you are funny! great to have the new fancy doodle car and a cell phoen to send kissy texts....

Hugz

Lin said...

Well, yes, you are a tease! Would never have guessed car. What a fun post and a beautiful car. Enjoy your new phone too. xx

Vicki in MN said...

Fun new toys, congrats.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congrats on your new car and your new phone. Enjoy them both, and remember that they are there to serve you, and not the other way around.

gayle said...

So there you are, tootling around in your new toy! Enjoy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What fun! Your new car looks very cool! And I had to laugh when you decided to use some orphan blocks to make seat covers for it. We quilters can't stand to see a place without a quilt, can we?!

Mari said...

Congratulations on the electric car! How great for you. And you will love the cell phone. At least one of my kids will text me every day.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Have fun playing with your new toys! Using orphan blocks for a seat cover is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new little car and safe travels!!

Sandy Panagos said...

How fun that you'll be able to make something you love from those leftover blocks. Enjoy your new car. AND the kissy faces on your cell.