Saturday, 7 January 2017

Past RSC quilts

Today, Angela at So Scrappy asks Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters to share their rainbow quilts with the RSC newcomers as an inspiration, a starting point. Since I been a RSC quilter for only the last two years, I don't have a lot to share but I'll gladly share what I have made so far.

I made this quilt a long, long time ago, prior blogger, prior Internet (at my house at least) and I love it so much I wanted another one... eventually. When I started to read blogs, some quilters were making rainbow quilts by following Angela's colour of the month. I jumped it.
In January 2015, I started making the same blocks but in a smaller size. I apologise for not knowing the name of this block.

 As the month passed, the blocks piled up.
 In mid-year, my rainbow looked like this and I was very pleased.
By the end of the year, I had a lovely quilt and I was completely hooked on RSC

Came January 2016, I still joined Angela and the Rainbow quilters for another fun year but I added a personal challenge into the game: to use older fabrics in my stash. So I picked these fabrics for the RSC.



I looked through many books to find a block that would be simple enough yet fun, you know, it needs to be fun ... I mean they're M & M Candy after all.  :^D
I settled on Peace and Plenty, a 12 inches block.  And the game was on ...
Month after month, the block changed colour.
I didn't used brown or black for simple reasons but I still needed a twelfth block. I thought a rainbow would work. And it did.
 

 By October my quilt was done.

It patiently awaits for its borders. Hopefully, it will be finish some time this year.

For 2017, I will participate again and I will make ... uhhh ... there is too many to name here, I mean, I haven't settled on one or two yet.  Maybe today, as I am perusing the links on RSC2017, I will make a decision.

Until next time .... sew up a rainbow.

;^)



It's Flannel Season

One of the glorious mornings we had this week. (No, it's not snow on the ground, just frost.) In real life, the sky was more orange ...