Friday 23 September 2016

Lots of Broken Dishes


I didn't realised I had been away from Blog Land for so long. I visited regularly but didn't blog as I didn't sew much and had nothing of interest to show.


I was busy with pleasant and unpleasant appointments, visited my dear friend Pink (and ended up sleeping over; what fun we had!!), celebrated my first born's birthday and this weekend, it is our wedding anniversary. I am also learning (re-learning?) how to knit. lol

On the sewing front, the 40 Broken Dish Blocks were done in this fabric ...


and 40 more in this fabric.


That's 80 Broken Dish Blocks. I am not calculating how many HSTs were involved in these blocks because each had to be trimmed!  :^{


I will mailed these blocks to Barb (Fun with Barb) on Monday.

This past week, I whipped up the Peace and Plenty block for my RSC2016 quilt. I really like this one.


I got the rest of the blocks out to see where I was since I haven't seen it in a very long time.  Yep, I like it.


Last night, before I realise what was happening, ( I was listening to an audio book, one of Agatha Christie's mysteries. I still love her books.) the RSC2016 looked like this;

Well, no point in putting this one back in the box, right? I'll be finishing this project today as I might have a few more hours of sewing time. I think another yellow block is needed and one in  ...  ??  ... another colour! :^D
(Sorry Angela for jumping the gun but I took advantage of the fact that I had time to sew yesterday.  :^D )


I haven't done the Westering Women blocks of August AND July. Like I said, not much was happening here lately. Although I did put together a few gift bags. In my next post, I promise to show pictures. (Mental note; take picture of bags.)

If you are wondering about my OMG challenge, I'll simply say it won't be done this month. Here's where I'm at.


No sewing done on it yet. I changed my mind more times in one day than there is hours in it. I finally started to cut the fabric so I must have settled on something.
I'll show you more in a future post. Promise.


Today, I am with Sarah because I want a "Whoop! Whoop!" for breaking all those dishes, lol.

I will visit also Angie at A Quilting Reader's Garden for the fun of seeing WIPs being done.

On Saturday, you can find me at Angela's place for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


Until next time ...

;^)



20 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

worth the effort on the HST..........they look great............

CecileD said...

Tes Broken Disihes sont magnifiques !! J'ai hâte de recevoir tous les blocs et j'aurai le plaisir d'avoir un peu des tiens chez moi !! Cool!
Ton top est très joyeux...il me fait penser aux couleurs du Carnaval !
Bon weekend et gros xoxo

Barb said...

your swap blocks look great!

Chantal said...

I love all those broken dishes. That sure is a pile of trimmings. I bet you are glad they are done. Love the other blocks too.

LA Paylor said...

just saying hi!

Nell's Quilts said...

The piece and plenty block quilt looks wonderful- so colourful and fresh!

Cathy said...

Oh, that Peace and Plenty quilt is going to be fabulous!!! You’ve done a great job!! We’ve missed you!

Lisa J. said...

Hi Chantal: I like that Piece and Plenty block as well. It looks to me like you got lots and lots done.

Sue said...

Those broken dishes are wonderful but how do you have the patience to do them? I have to have quick and easy blocks! Maybe someday I will try a block with lots of pieces but not anytime too soon! Keep up the good work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Peace and Plenty blocks are beautiful in your rainbow of colors! Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. Your piles of Broken Dishes amazed me! I don't know if I could face all that trimming. Well done!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your Peace and Plenty blocks are charming together. I love the little twinkle stars. Can't wait to see how you finish it.

Deb A said...

Love the peace and plenty blocks. What a colorful and fun quilt that will be.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a FUN quilt that is turning into!!!

Katie Z. said...

Way to go! Your blocks are all amazing.

Angie in SoCal said...

LOL - we were working on the same block although you made a lot more. I only made 45. So that's 182 HSTs. Love all your blocks, but especially the RSC2016 challenge. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

Marly said...

My word! What a lot of dishes to break for the swap! That must be a big swap! I hope you get as many beautiful blocks back as you have made. I love all those Peace and Plenty blocks; that's fast becoming a wonderful quilt!

Fiona said...

that's a heap of blocks and trimming to do!
Hugz

gayle said...

Wow! That's a lot of broken dishes!
I really love your Peace and Plenty blocks. The quilt is going to be gorgeous! (And it looks like I'll be copying you again next year just like I did this year! *grin*)

Lin said...

Well done with all those broken dishes! xx

Sheila said...

Awesome blocks! So many points, and all your points are perfect. Way to go, girl.