Friday 9 October 2015

Country Roads

Hello everyone,

Some health issues are trying really hard to keep me away from my sewing room ... but I do a few stitches every now and then.

Eventually, I finished the Country Roads blocks so graciously given by Lori at Humble Quilts. Thanks Lori. I had fun making these and would like to make a big quilt like that ... one day! :^D  (vbg)

Now comes the task of picking the background fabric called Cheddar.
Let's see what I have in my stash.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3
Then I saw some finished projects with different backgrounds and I started looking for something different too.

Option 4

Option 5
Cherries? What was I thinking?
Option 6

Option 7 

Option 8

Well, #1 is starting to grow on me, I think. I really like #4 a lot but I don't even have a full FQ left. I barely have enough ... if I haven't miscalculate!

Option 4


I also like 7 too or maybe  8? Oh I don't know anymore. What do you think?

Close-up #1

Close up #8


I'll think about it during the weekend.

Until next time ... sssssMilE

;^)

Linking with A Quilting Reader's Garden for WIPs Be Gone
Linking with Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop
Linking with Patchwork Times for Design Wall on Monday.



13 comments:

PaintedThread said...

I like, in order: 4, 8, 1, 2, 7.

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

I vote for #8. I will have to come back and see which one you choose. Micki@2dogsstudio.us

Cath said...

I was dubious about #1 till I saw it in close-up....it makes #8 look a bit dull so I say #1....so many choices..good luck!

CecileD said...

Coucou Chantal !
Sans hésitations, je vote pour l'option 8 !! Mais ce qui compte, c'est qu'il te plaise avant tout à toi !!!
Sois attentive car mardi mon blog aura 2ans et je mettrai le mien en giveaway ! Rassure toi, je m'en suis fait un autre !! ;)
Bon week-end et gros bisous

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I like #8. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Why not use two fabrics you really love? One fabric for the border triangles; the other for the center setting squares; that way you can use both the fabrics you like. This sounds like the winner to me. Why should it be one or the other when it can be "the more the merrier"? It will be fun to see how this turns out.

Rosa said...

Super cute and love your layout in this order:7,8,4,6,56,5,3,2,1.

Lisa J. said...

It's between option one and eight for me as well. Good luck making your decision Chantal.

Ann said...

Cheddar! I like 1 and 8 but am sure you will choose the one that works best for you. Thanks for sharing the various background choices.

Fiona said...

hope you are getting better all the time... it's amazing how different they look with the different backgrounds - its so hard to choose as they show off different aspects...
Hugz

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm like Micki - I like #8 and am going to come back to see which one you choose - :))

Angie in SoCal said...

I like #1 best.

Lin said...

#1 is definitely my favourite - it really zings!. xx