Sunday 3 May 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching and Take 21

First and foremost ...


TA-DAH !!!

"Take 21" is officially a quilt!! This is my DS1 's quilt for his 21st birthday ... which was last September. At least he's getting it before his 22nd birthday lol! 


 91 X 73 inches - machine pieced and 


hand quilted with leaves all over and two lizards ... for fun!


Here is the famous backing that needed some "last minute readjustment". You can see the "add-in" in this picture. 


About this backing, now that I am looking at it, the label I made for it a long time ago doesn't look very "comfortable" on it. It looks kind of out of place. I don't like it. It's too white on white. 


Since there is some of the binding fabric left, I'm thinking maybe I could make some hexies and circle the flower ? Yes ? Or add some green leaves ?


The top left fabric is exactly the same green as the dots in the backing. The fabric on the right is the one used in the quilt and the center fabric is just a touch less aggressive than the one on the right. (It doesn't bite your eyes out if you know what I mean.) Okay! What to do ? I will ponder over it as I'm getting diner's ready. 

Regardless of my decision, this will be my slow stitching project this evening, embroidering the names and attaching the label (that may have some more hexies added to it) to the quilt. That sounds like a perfect evening to me. 

I am linking with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching. Join us and see all the lovely needlework projects people are working on. 

Until next time ... 

;^)



6 comments:

Marly said...

Congratulations on your finish! I think a few hexie leaves would look good and make it more playful. I'd use the green that matches the green in the backing fabric. However this is your quilt; you do what suits you and the recipient best.

Deb A said...

Congrats on the finish. Your son will love it =)

Dasha said...

It looks great Chantal. And that is one big quilt to be hand quilting.

Fiona said...

It looks beautiful and you can hardly see the add on...
Hugz

CecileD said...

Hoooray !! Félicitations pour l'accomplissement de ton quilt !! Et sans hésiter, je choisis le vert pour rajouter des hexagones !!
Tu peux être très fière de toi ... :)
Bravo !

Sandy Panagos said...

It's beautiful. What fun, watching it come together. I actually like the add-on, but going around it with green will look really good.