Saturday 16 May 2015

A Lovely Blog Award ... Oh MY!

What a week I'm having. A roller coaster of emotions! It is ending on a beautiful note though, as sweet Dasha from Australia, told me, a few days ago, she has nominated me for an award: A Lovely Blog Award.  OH! MY!! I am so honored and grateful, I am almost speechless. (Almost!!)



Dasha has a wonderful blog called Patching Pixies,where she shares her beautiful quilts, her lovely embroidery and her traveling adventures. Always so interesting to read. Thank you so much for the nomination Dasha. :^) (I'm still blushing!)

EDITED:

I would like to say "Thank you" to Marly from Marly's Quilts for nominating me for the "One Lovely Blog Award".  She is a charming lady from the Netherlands. Always love to see what she is working on and read which technique she has used to get it done. Thanks again Marly. ;^)




Now, the purpose of this award is for bloggers to nominate fellow bloggers, mostly newer, that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are lovely and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also. 

In order to accept the award, the nominated blogger has to do three very simple things: 

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that person's post. 
2. Share seven facts about yourself. 
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award. 


So here I go:

1. I've been quilting for 11 years and still consider myself a novice. :^)
Finding Nemo when it was new! 
2. I have made, so far, 32 quilts and none are on my bed!!  `8^o (That's a dirty secret!)

3. My very first attempt at quilting was an appliqued quilt which is still in pieces. :^(   I now know that I had ABSOLUTELY no technique. It took 7 years for me to try quilting again and decided to go with piecing. The rest is history. I would like to give the applique technique another try. I so love what others can do.

4. I love to quilt, paint, draw, crochet, and I am learning to knit.
Love to do paint-by-number painting except I have trouble following the instructions lol. (I thought I could share something non quilty.) I don't know what that white dot in the middle is. I should finish it hey?
5. DH and I have moved 7 times in 10 years. The before-last move, my DS1 was two and a half and DS2 was one week old. Then we moved again when DS2 was one week short of his first birthday. So DS2 was brought home from the hospital to a house full of boxes and celebrated his first birthday in a house full of boxes. I hate the pictures of those two events. They make me look like a very disorganized and messy person lol. (I know! I am the only one who cares about it lol.)
mug rugs
6. DH and I are left handed and our three boys are right handed. 

7. I am the seventh daughter (seven sisters!) from a family of 15 children (all from the same parents). I am the lucky thirteenth child. 

Okay! Enough about me. On to the fun part. :)
I now get to nominate 10 bloggers. (only 10?) Since this award is about lovely blogs, you will notice some that I've nominated aren't only about quilts.

So, in no particular order, they are: 

- Marly from Marly's Quilts  

- Kitty from A Left Handed Quilter  

- Laurie from Charmed Creations  

- Kathy from Cottage Garden Quilter  

- Ellen from Little Jewel Quilts  

- Cécile from Patchwork Inspirations

- Sue from North Winds Quilting  

- Lisa from Sunlight in Winter Quilts   


- Marie from QuiltBee

- Gayle from Mango Feet

Aaaahhh! So many others I wish I could share with you as my list is soooo looonnnng .... 
Feel free to visit these wonderful talented people, you never know, some might become your favorite too and please tell them I say "Hi!".

Again, thank you Dasha. This was fun!! 

Until next time .... 

;^)

One more thing I'll share with you.
My smileys always have the ^ because I do have a pointy nose à la Nicole Kidman as DH always says. See ya!  


8 comments:

Lin said...

Glad something good happened for you and it has been interesting to learn more about you. xx

CecileD said...

Merci Chantal !!! Cela va aussi me permettre de découvrir les différents blogs que tu cites !
Et de te découvrir un peu plus !!! :)))
Grosses bises et bon dimanche !

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It was fun to learn more about you, Chantal!

Marly said...

Thank you Chantal; I'm greatly honoured to be nominated for a second time! I wonder if it's possible to accept twice. Thinking!

Lisa J. said...

Hi Chantal: I'm also honoured with the nomination. I've always considered you to be my blog sister as I think we started blogging around the same time. I've also always wondered about that pointy nose. I guess I'll get my post together in a few days.

Dasha said...

Hello Chantal. It was nice to read a bit about you. And you absolutely deserve your award. You do some lovely things. :-)

Christine B said...

Hello Chantal! Loved reading all about you! Your blog deserves the award, I always enjoy reading it! :) x

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the nomination, Chantal - and thanks to Lisa J for visiting my blog - ;)) I have been busy with non-blog stuff lately so will be working up my post when I come up for air - haha - ;))